The mini yarn treat we can’t resist! We have a fresh restock of assorted colors of Freia Minikins. Freia has taken their Shawl Ball base and created a smaller 25 gram mini ball. These balls are approximately 107 yards each.
- One will get you an adorable baby hat
- Two will get you a great slouchy beanie, or cowl, or mitts. Also perfect for fairisle detail on a sleeve, cuff or neckline.
- Three will get you a cozy cowl or neckerchief
- Four will get you a shawl, scarf
Tina Whitmore, the dyer behind the gorgeous Freia colorways, has designed a brand new pattern that showcases two contrasting colorways of Minikins!
Vice Versa is a semi-circular shawl worked in 2 contrasting minikin colors – seen here in 3 balls each of Aurora and Harvest. This makes a lovely soft shawl that’s easy to style as a multitude of ways as a scarf or if you prefer, use a pin at the neck to create a cape. Knit using a very basic short row repeat (Look Ma! No wraps!) to create a pinhole lace along the center line of each triangle for added decorative effect. This is a perfect pattern to kick back, put on your favorite podcast or movie and enjoy the meditation of the knit stitch.
Finished size: approximately 50” long (tip to tip) and 18” wide.
- 6 Freia Minikins: 3 each of 2 contrasting colors
- US7 (4.5mm) 32″ circular needle
- Tapestry Needle
More Pattern Inspiration!