We have three new arrivals to tell you about today! Hopefully they will inspire your stitching this weekend as we head into some very cold temps and potentially snowy weather.
Neighborhood Fiber Co Organic Studio Sock
Studio Sock is now organic! It is made with GOTS-certified organic wool but still machine-washable with a sturdy 8-ply construction. The wool is minimally processed to be environmentally friendly and even softer than before. While each skein has enough yardage for most sock patterns, this hardy yarn is also excellent for fingering-weight shawl and sweater projects.
- 100% organic Merino
- 400 yards/4 oz
- 7-8 sts/inch US 1-2
- $32 and available in store only
Our featured pattern
– Kinship by Olga Buraya-Kefelian & Stephen West
This pattern is available in the Winter 2020 Pom Pom magazine OR as a single pattern on January 18th!
Kinship has a semi-circular shape and is worked from the centre-top out in a radiating manner. This version used:
Yarn A: Upton; 3 skeins
Yarn B: Oliver; 1 skein
Yarn C: Charles Centre; 2 skeins
- 3.75mm / US 5 circular needle, 80-100 cm / 32-40” length
- Locking stitch marker
- 3.5mm / US E crochet hook and scrap yarn for provisional cast-on
- tapestry needle
Mrs Moon Plump is restocked!
There couldn’t be a better time to get your hands on a super bulky alpaca and merino yarn. When temps are this low, it’s is a delightfully warm addition to your wardrobe. This single ply is yarn ethically sourced merino and a baby alpaca that is spun and dyed in the UK.
- 80% superfine Australian New Merino, 20% baby alpaca
- 70 meters (77 yards) per 100 grams
- 10-15mm (US 15-19; P-Q hook)
Bubble Wrap Cowl
This pattern is free with yarn purchase! Just let us know when you check out.
- 2 skeins Mrs Moon Plump (shown in Bon Bon)
- 12mm hook
Simple Bobble Hat
This simple ribbed hat is quick and appropriate for a newer knitter. The instructions are written for both in the round and flat. Top it with a hand made pom pom or one of our faux fur ones! It is free with yarn purchase. Just let us know when you check out.
- 1 skein Mrs. Moon Plump (Shown in Bonbon, Pavlova and Fondant Fancy)
- 10mm knitting needles in 16″ and dpns if working in the round or straights if working flat.