- This event has passed.
Alexandria Sidewalk Sale
Alexandria’s 12th Annual Summer Sidewalk Sale is August 14-15! Here at fibre space, you will find select yarn and more at up to 50% off. Shop our discounts out front in the #1319Prince park! Our hours are:
- Saturday – 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Sunday – 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Here are the highlights from Old Town:
- The City of Alexandria will provide free parking at four garages in Old Town (locations listed belon both Saturday and Sunday. Street parking in Old Town is free on Sundays and street parking is always free in Del Ray.
- New this year, the 700-1100 blocks of King Street will be closed to cars, allowing pedestrian-only access to the event, and an information tent at the corner of King and Fayette streets will offer maps, bottled water and more.
- Saturday from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 1:30 to 2:30 p.m.: Pop-up jazz music from the Yellow Door Concert Series Youth Ensemble at the 1000 Block of King Street.
- Sunday from 12 to 3 p.m.: Listen to tunes blending influences of rock, jazz, folk and soul from local singer-songwriter Dan Barry.
- Head down to the unit block of King Street at the waterfront to check out a pop-up from The Art League featuring handmade ceramic bowls and small prints for sale. Ice cream bowl purchases include a certificate for a free ice cream from Kilwins at 212 King Street.
- Throughout the week of Alexandria Summer Sidewalk Sale, the Old Town Business Association will give out eight $30 gift certificates to local restaurants encouraging shoppers to “Lunch and Shop” throughout the weekend. Follow Old Town Business Association on Instagram at @oldtownbusiness and Facebook @oldtownbiz for giveaway details.
- For more chances to win, follow Visit Alexandria on Instagram at @VisitAlexVA for a giveaway on Tuesday, August 10. One random winner will be selected win a $250 gift certificate to a participating Sidewalk Sale boutique.