We are super excited to host Miss Babs and her yarns for an amazing Pop Up event outside in our tents from Sept 24-26. Today we are featuring another one of the yarns that you can shop during this event, as well as the newest pattern samples that will be on display at the event.
Yummy 2-Ply Toes
These mini skeins of our Yummy 2-Ply are perfect for colorwork and small projects. This 2-ply superwash Merino is wonderful for cowls, scarves, shawls, and lightweight sweaters.
Size: 133 yd / 1.3 oz (121m / 38g) skeins
Content: 100% superwash Merino wool
Gauge: Fingering weight. 7-9 stitches per inch on US 0-2.
Care Instructions: Machine wash gentle or handwash. This yarn should be dried flat for best results.
The cowl is knit in the round from the bottom up, and as only two colors are used in any round, it makes for a relatively simple, yet interesting project.
Circumference: 22½”/56.5 cm
Height: 9¼”/23 cm
- 3 skeins of Miss Babs Yummy 2-Ply Toes (1 skein each in 3 colors)
- US2 (2.75mm) 16″ circular needle
Worked in a gradient of mini-skeins, this little cowl is a delightful project for color-play. This pattern includes simple instructions to help you transition from one lovely miniskein to the next.
Size: Neck Opening: 20”/50 cm Front Length: 20½”/51.5 cm Back Length: 8½”/21.5 cm
- 3 skeins of Miss Babs Yummy 2-ply Toes, 1 skein each in 3 colors
- US5 (3.75mm) 20″ circular needle
Around the Blend seamlessly combines three triangles to create an eye-catching scarf with bending ombre bands. This reversible design begins with just a few stitches and is knitted almost entirely in carefree garter stitch.
Note: This pattern calls for a DK-weight main color plus a fingering-weight gradient set for the blend bands. Two strands of the gradient colors will be held together to achieve DK weight.
Length along longer edge: 82”/205 cm
Length along shorter edge: 45”/112.5 cm
Width: 13½”/34 cm
- 1 skein Miss Babs Yowza
- 1 Miss Babs Yummy 2-Ply Toes Gradient Set (six skeins)
- US6 (4mm) 32″ circular needle
- Four stitch markers, including 2 in a contrasting color
- One removable stitch marker
- Two large stitch holders or scrap yarn
This large squishy wrap is a graphic and easy knit that results in a wearable modern accessory. The construction presents a lot of interest – the wrap starts and ends with just a few stitches, so you never cast on or bind off a lot of stitches.
Width: 17” (43 cm)
Length: 82” (209 cm)
- 2 skeins of Miss Babs Yummy 2-ply
- 1 Miss Babs Yummy 2-ply Toes Gradient Set (six skeins)
- 2 pairs of US4 (3.5mm) 32″ circular needles