We are excited to reveal a fun project that we worked on with Tina of Freia Yarns. Her new Minikins are a great way to work with an ombré yarn in a color pack of nine coordinating colors. They are enough yarn for a large shawl, baby blanket or multiple accessories. You can also use them for fair isle sweaters, fades and more! We have partnered with Tina to pick out nine coordinating colors in a kit just for fibre space – the Supernova kit! We have only 50 of these special kits in stock, so be sure to grab one soon!
Supernova Minikins kit:
- Custom spun, single ply 100% US Merino, colors hand selected by fibre space with Tina of Freia
- Hand Wash
- Nine x 25g/.88 oz – 98 meters/107 yards - 963 yards total
- 20-28 sts/28-36 rows over 4” on US3 (3.25mm) – US7 (4.5mm) needles
We’ve knitted up this gorgeous oversized scarf in our custom minikin set. It’s lightweight and long enough to wrap multiple times for warmth or wear loosely as an elegant and decorative wrap. You’ll have as much fun wearing this as you will knitting it!
- Finished size approximately 86” long and 16” wide.
- Knit at 20 sts and 32 rows over 4″ in pattern stitch, after blocking.
- Suggested Needle Size US#4 – 3.5mm 32″ circular needles and a tapestry needle for finishing.
- Required Skills: Knit, purl, increasing, decreasing
- Pattern available here