The weather is warming up, and we are excited to join with Blue Sky for a fun and easy spring top knitalong! Seven Sisters Top is a loose-fitting summer top knit in Printed Cotton. Wear alone in hot weather or under a jacket on a cooler day. The special printed technique of this yarn provides a beautiful mosaic look. In this KAL, which is great for adventurous beginners, participants will knit a sweater in the round and then finish the back and front separately, joining their work at the shoulders. The result is a top perfect for the coming warmer months.
The KAL kicks off on April 1. On that day, we will provide you with a download code for a free copy of the pattern. Now is the time to get your yarn and gauge swatch done! We will be posting photos and videos of our own progress on our social media using #sevensistersKALwithfs. Join us!
EXPERIENCE LEVEL: Advanced Beginner
- Printed Organic Cotton (Worsted) (100% Certified Organic Cotton; 100g/150yds): 4 (4, 5, 5, 5, 6) hanks
- OR Organic Cotton Worsted (100% Certified Organic Cotton; 100g/150yds): 4 (4, 5, 5, 5, 6) hanks-
- Size 8 (5mm) 32″ circular needle (for body ribbing)
- Size 8 (5mm) 24″ circular needle (for neck ribbing)
- Size 8 (5mm) 16″ circular needle (for sleeve ribbing)
- Size 10 (6mm) 32″ circular needle, or size needed to obtain gauge
- Spare needle for Three-Needle BO
- Stitch holders or waste yarn
- Stitch markers
- Tapestry needle
Women’s XS (S, M, L, XL, XXL) to fit bust size 30-32 (34-36, 38-40, 42–44, 46-48, 50-52)”
Instructions are for smallest size, with larger sizes in parentheses. When one number is given it applies to all sizes.
Chest Circumference: 40¾ (44¼, 47½, 50¾, 54, 57½)”
Length: 22 (23, 24, 24, 25, 25)”
15 stitches and 19 rows = 4 inches in Stockinette on larger needle