The holiday season is coming up fast, and we are all plotting out and making progress on our crafty gifts, it’s always a good idea to have a bit of selfish knitting to keep you going. In anticipation of long travel and visits with friends and family over Thanksgiving, (or just needing a bit of quiet), we are hosting a knit-a-long! Starting Thursday, November 16, and knitting through December qoth, we’ll be working up this fabulous Rose Gold brioche shawl by the amazingly talented Andrea Mowry.
Rose Gold by Andrea Mowry is a gorgeous two color brioche shawl to wrap around you on cold days. For anyone looking to expand their brioche skills, or ready to learn, this is a beautiful project, with delicate brioche buds to add elegance to any outfit. A gentle ombre effect is achieved by using two gradient kits, and we have plenty to choose from! Check out this post about all the options that just arrived in the shop.
If you’ve been looking for a project to use your Miss Babs gradient set, this is the one to try. We have a new order of Miss Babs gradient sets in Yummy 2-Ply, or go for a softer look with Neighborhood Fiber Co’s Rustic Fingering Sets. You can also opt to use one gradient kit and one solid color for this project! Either way, the result will be amazing.
- A copy of the Rose Gold pattern by Andrea Mowry, available on Ravelry
- Two Fingering Weight Gradient sets OR two colors (650 yds each) OR one gradient kit and 650 yards of a coordinating solid color
- US 4 (3.5 mm) circular needles, 32″ recommended
- Removeable stitch marker & tapestry needle
Gauge: 27 sts and 31.5 rows = 4in/10cm over Brioche
Finished Measurements: Wingspan – 74in/ 188cm, Center Depth – 15.5in/ 40cm
- knit and purl
- experience with Brioche Stitch or experience with several increase and decrease stitches and a commitment to learning something new! This is definitely not a beginner project. Our team are almost all quite versed in brioche and can help you along the way. And the best part about this pattern is that it starts at with basic brioche and builds to the fabulous and more complicated border!
We will have weekly check ins on Thursday during Stitch in Space, although we will also post here and on Ravelry if you wish to knitalong from home. Here is our goal for completion:
- Thursday, November 16: yarn selection! Cast on at your leisure anything in the next week
- Thursday, November 23rd: THANKSGIVING! The perfect time to focus on the body section of the shawl.
- Thursday, November 30th: start border section
- Thursday, December 7th: work towards finishing border section and close in on being ready to bind off!
Enter to win!
Finish your shawl (just the knitting, no need to weave in tails or block) by December 10th at midnight EST, and you will be entered to win a $50 gift card from fibre space! Post your finished object on our Ravelry thread for this knitalong to enter.
Join us this week to cast on, and post your progress on Ravelry or Instagram using #RosegoldKAL