And here is what we brought home:
Yeah, that is NOT yarn. It is Jeni’s ice cream. It is made of awesome with a touch of heaven. I am a total sucker for this stuff. I ate it twice a day the entire time we were at the Columbus Trade Show. Yes, we did order lots and lots of exciting things that will start to arrive in late July through August. Among them:
- More buttons! We picked up several more types of buttons at the show and will be expanding our button collection asap. As soon as Sheila from One World Button returns from the show, she will pack us up a box.
- Madelinetosh – not to create any mayhem…but we ordered Prairie and the newer Merino Light (a single ply machine washable merino sock yarn), DK and more Pashmina. Since our last shipment of Pashmina is already gone, we have asked for this part of our order to ship asap.
- Moving Mud – her gorgeous glass buttons and shawl pins will be here for the fall.
- Berroco – you have probably seen all of the new Berroco pattern books show up on Ravelry. We will have every new pattern book and are bringing in Campus, Sundae, Remix, Blackstone tweed (new colors!), Vintage Chunky & Sox Metallic. Look for amazing trunk shows this August.
- Magazines – we picked up Interweave Knits, Knitscene, Spinoff & Interweave Crochet. Check us out when these issues come out. We will have them now! We also are getting in the electronic archives of previous issues, should you want to get the entire set on CD.
- Fyberspates – this British hand dye yarn company has been all the rage across the seas, and we are delighted that it is now being distributed in the US.
- Namaste – bags, needle holders and notions bags are all on order.
- Fiber Company – Canopy Worsted will be here! We also ordered the new Savannah (well, it is old but went away and now it is back). Savannah will be in as soon as the ladies get home and can ship it out.
There are so many more things to tell you about, but we just don’t have room! We have samples of many things, if you want to come in and see the new yarns for fall. Just ask.
The trade show featured a Friday night ice cream social (with Jeni’s, of course). We saw Ysolda Teague in her Bob costume while we were there. Sorry for the blur. Being hopped up on ice cream is not a good way to take photographs.
Kel and Veronica had plenty of time to knit in the car ride there and back, but I did not. As a result, my gathered pullover is not quite done.
It is so close! I need maybe an hour to knock out that sleeve and then a couple of hours to seam and add the neck trim. Then I am going to start on the Callie Bib tee. Are you joining our knitalong?
I am using Berroco Pure Merino DK. I dropped to a US#4 to get the gauge. I am making a couple of modifications, that I would be happy to help other do as well. I plan to knit the trim and front lace panel in a cream color and the rest of the sweater in a chocolate brown. I just realized, as I type this, that this will make two brown sweaters in a month. hmm…I also plan to make the lace trim accent sections about 4 inches long, extending the sleeves to my elbows and making the bottom of the sweater more of a tunic length. I think it will turn out pretty cool. We have some very vintage looking buttons on the way that will work well for the top. Has anyone else swatched?