- This event has passed.
Join Us for a Sock-Making Pedicure Retreat!
Pamper yourself with some spa socks! This workshop is here to help expand your sock skills while we make sure our feet are sandal ready. We will be working on making some shortie ankle height socks to keep your feet cozy around the house or the hotel (while on your next vacation). Learn the heel flap and gusset technique, short row heels, or the figure 8 cast on for toe-up socks! All you have to do is choose which type of spa sock you want to create. Learn all of these skills while getting a spa pedicure at Salon Meraki – Danielle’s choice for the best pedicures in Old Town. Enjoy meat and cheese from La Fromagerie and bubbly, while you learn and relax!
For the top down socks, we’ll build off the Rye pattern, instructors will take you through one of two different heel and toe techniques (with a traditional heel flap or short row heel), so you can feel confident in making the most perfect socks for you.
For toe up socks, we’ll teach you the figure 8 cast on and build on the family toe up socks. Come to class prepared to learn this fun cast on!
- 200-300 yards Worsted Weight Yarn
- US 5 / 3.75 mm needles
- 32-40” circular for magic loop, with flexible cable
- Or small circumference circular (for top down only)
- Or Short DPNs (required for toe-up option)
Skills Learned (choose one!):
- Heel flap and gusset (top down)
- Short row heel (top down)
- Figure 8 cast on and toe (toe-up)
- ability to knit, purl and work in the round.
- For top down: Please arrive with the sock started- cast on and knit 5 rounds of ribbing
- For toe-up: please come with either DPNs or long circular needle suitable for magic loop
What registration covers:
Registration price includes a pure classic pedicure, with polish and instruction with three of our sock instructors, food and bubbly. You may upgrade for gel or a more enhanced service when you arrive (and pay the additional cost to Salon Meraki). Tip for nail technician not included.
This workshop is at Salon Meraki, 1101 Queen Street. Parking is free on street parking on both Queen and N. Henry.