Everyone needs a good cozy cowl for cool mornings and fall hikes. This week we’re loving the Gambit Cowl by Julie Knits in Paris. It is also the newest shop sample to land in space!
This double-sided cowl features a classic Houndstooth pattern with a contrast checkerboard lining, for a vintage but still modern style choice. Knit in the round and grafted together at the end, this cowl is a perfect option for beginning your colorwork journey.
For this project, we selected the unique and limited edition yarn, Wooldreamers Dehesa de Barrera Fingering. We knit ours at a slightly looser gauge, just to make it extra large and squishy!
- Wooldreamers Dehesa de Barrera Fingering (100% Spanish Merino wool; 448 yards/100 g):
2 skeins of MC and 2 skeins of CC
- For our larger gauge version, we used a US#7 circular needle and worked a gauge of 24sts x 28 rows.
- Spare circular needles, this size or smaller
- 1 marker, tapestry needle
- A copy of the Pattern here