You are invited to join Blue Sky Fibers for their Summer KAL – Santa Rose Swoncho, featuring Skyland. Made from a blend of 40% Fine Highland Wool, 30% Silk and 30% Baby Alpaca, this yarn creates the perfect fabric for the Santa Rosa Swoncho, which will be your go-to piece for dressing up any outfit. This project is great as a first garment and is made entirely without increases or decreases! fibre space is offering kits for this project, complete with a gift for you – our custom gauge measuring tool. Order your kit now and have in time for Blue Sky’s start of the KAL – July 1.
About the pattern and KAL:
In this KAL, which is ideal for intermediate knitters, participants will knit this swoncho by using two colors of Skyland to create the visually appealing stripe details featured throughout the garment. The Santa Rosa Swoncho is written for sizes XS through 5XL.
This pattern is surprisingly simple!! It is knit flat and seamed together with three needle bind offs. There are no increases or decreases. The pattern features an “afterthought neck” to create the opening at the neck but very clear and simple instructions are provided.
- Knit and purl
- Cable cast on
- Three needle bind off
- Picking up and knitting stitches
In stockinette, 17 sts and 24 rows = 4″
Women’s XS (S, M, L, XL) (2XL, 3XL, 4XL, 5XL) to fit bust size 28-30 (32-34, 36-38, 40-42, 44-46)(48-50, 52-54, 56-58, 60-62)”
Instructions are for smallest size, with larger sizes in parentheses. When one number is given, it applies to all sizes.
Width: 34¼ (35¼, 36¼, 37¼, 38)(38½, 38½, 39, 39)“
Length: 22 (22, 23, 23, 23) (23, 23, 24, 24)”
Sleeve Length to Underarm: 8 (9, 9, 9, 9) (10, 10, 11, 11)”
TO PARTICIPATE WITH BLUE SKY:
Their Friends of Blue Sky Fibers Ravelry page will be the hub for your KAL. Please post comments, questions and progress pictures there. Say hello to Dee, the Blue Sky Maker. Dee will be knitting along with you and is available as a moderator in the group if you have any questions.
Want to be featured on their social media channels? Tag @blueskyfibers and use #SantaRosaSwonchoKAL and #blueskyfibers so we can find you and share your work!
Included in your kit:
- Skyland (30% Baby Alpaca, 30% Silk, 40% Fine Highland Wool; 100g/210yds): 1 (2, 2, 2, 2)(2, 2, 2, 2) hanks color A, 4 (4, 5, 5, 5)(5, 5, 6, 6) hanks B
- custom fibre space gauge tool
- code for free pattern
Choose your color combo! You need a main color and a contrast color:
Other materials needed:
- Size 7 (4.5mm) 24″ or longer circular needle, or size needed to obtain gauge
- Size 7 (4.5mm) 16″ circular needle, or size needed to obtain gauge (for neckband)
- Size 7 (4.5mm) double pointed needles, or size needed to obtain gauge (for sleeves)
- Spare needle for Three-Needle BO
- Stitch holders or waste yarn
- Removable stitch marker
- Tapestry needle & waste yarn (for afterthought neck opening)