We are super excited to host Miss Babs and her yarns for an amazing Pop Up event outside in our tents from Sept 24-26. Today we are featuring another of the yarns that you can shop during this event, as well as the newest pattern samples that will be on display at the event.
200-yard “mini” skeins of their flagship yarn, Yowza. Plied from soft superwash Merino wool, Yowza is excellent for sweaters, accessories, and baby items. Yowza has a smooth hand that works well for textured stitching.
Size: 200 yd / 2.8 oz (182m / 80g) skeins
Content: 100% superwash Merino wool
Gauge: DK weight. 5.25-6 stitches per inch knit on US 5-7, 3-4 stitches per inch crocheted on US 7-I.
Care Instructions: Machine wash gentle. This yarn should be dried flat for best results.
Three patterns are worked on the bias in ever-widening bands and finally seamed together. This arrangement provides plenty of visual interest and keeps the knitting fun, while also allowing knitters to keep going until they’ve used up every bit of yarn. The resulting generously sized cowl looks equally wonderful worn at its full length, or double wrapped for warmth.
Circumference: 67”/165 cm
Depth: 10¼”/25.5 cm
- 3 skeins Miss Babs Yowza Minis: 1 skein each in 3 colors
- US 8 needles, circular or straight (using a needle with a pointy tip will make the p4tog easier)
Bold bands of color in this large, warm cowl will brighten up your winter wardrobe. This cowl is a long loop knit in the round and then joined together. The stitch pattern uses only one color at a time; the chevron effect is made with slipped and dipped stitches.
Circumference (as you knit): 19”/47.5 cm
Length (loop): 54”/135 cm, adjustable
- 6 skeins of Miss Babs Yowza Minis: 1 skein each in 6 colors
- US 5 16″ circular needles
- Crochet hook, size G-6 or larger (for provisional cast on)
- Smooth waste yarn
- Spare US 5 3.75 mm or smaller circular needle, 16”/40cm or longer
Little starry flowers called Stellatum come to mind when you see this slip-stitch pattern. The simple I-cord edgings add a lovely frame to the stitchwork, and with two high contrast colors, this cowl sings. It looks like a lot of work, but this is just slip-stitch colorwork with only one color worked per round.
Shown in Size M
Depth: 7 (7)”/17.5 (17.5) cm
Circumference: 23 (35)”/57.5 (87.5) cm
- 2 skeins of Miss Babs Yowza Mini: 1 skein each in 2 colors
- US 5, 24″ circular needle
- US G-6/4 mm crochet hook
- 2 yd/2 m of waste yarn
Easy, and oh-so-soft, this cowl is perfect for you, or someone you want to knit a little comfort for! The Pillowy Cowl is a fast knit in Yowza Minis and Moonglow. You can play with color combinations, and enjoy this project anywhere, any time!
Height: 14”/35 cm
- Miss Babs Moonglow: 1 skein
- Miss Babs Yowza Mini: 2 skeins, 1 each of 2 colors
- US 8 [5.0 mm] circular needle, 24”/60 cm or size to obtain gauge
- US 7 [4.5 mm] circular needle, 24”/60 cm or one size smaller than needle used to obtain gauge