Freia Merino Silk Fingering is back! Check out this incredibly popular free fibre space pattern which we’ve reknit in Freia Yarns and Albertine by De Rerum Natura. With similar fibre contents (Merino and Silk), they make an amazing pairing – the Albertine providing a solid color base for the ombré of Freia Yarns.
While a huge finished shawl, it works up very quickly on US#8 needles.
- Color A: 2 balls De Rerum Natura Albertine (90% organic Merinos d’Arles / 10% Silk, 220 yards per 50 gram ball)
- Color B: 1 cake Freia Yarns Merino/Silk Fingering (70% US Merino/30% Mulberry Silk, 330 yards per 75 gram cake)
- US# 8 (5.0mm) circular needle, at least 32 inches long
- 4 stitch markers
- Tapestry needle for weaving in ends
- Copy of the Knockout Round Shawl pattern (free!)
Our yarnistas put together some color pairings for you to choose from, although the possibilities are endless!