Andrea Mowry just released a new sock pattern, and it is adorable! We had so much fun putting together some color combos of Spincycle Dyed in the wool with Knerdstring Merino Fingering.
by Andrea Mowry
The Sparks socks are knit from the cuff down, using stranded colorwork read from a chart. Waste yarn is placed for an afterthought heel which is returned to once the body of the sock is finished.
- Twisted German cast on
- Working in the round
- Stranded colorwork with 2 colors
- Reading a chart
- Afterthought heel
- Kitchener Stitch
Our Material suggestions:
- US 1.5/2.5 mm – 32”/80 cm circular for Magic Loop
- US 1/2.25 mm – 32”/80 cm circular for Magic Loop
- 1 skein Spincycle Yarns Dyed in the Wool ($32)
- 1 skein Knerdstring Merino Fingering ($28)
Check out our colors ideas!
Stop in the shop or give us a call to purchase one of these kits: