We’ve reworked an incredibly popular free fibre space pattern in two yarns now available in our shop. When I saw the Merino Silk Fingering from Freia Yarns next to Albertine by De Rerum Natura, I knew that the two were meant to be together. With similar fibre contents (Merino and Silk), they make an amazing pairing – the Albertine providing a solid color base for the ombré of Freia Yarns.
While a huge finished shawl, it works up very quickly on US#8 needles. The shawl converts easily into a cowl, particularly with a nice leather cuff like the one seen below.
- Color A: 2 balls De Rerum Natura Albertine (90% organic Merinos d’Arles / 10% Silk, 220 yards per 50 gram ball)
- Color B: 1 cake Freia Yarns Merino/Silk Fingering (70% US Merino/30% Mulberry Silk, 330 yards per 75 gram cake)
- US# 8 (5.0mm) circular needle, at least 32 inches long
- 4 stitch markers
- Tapestry needle for weaving in ends
- Copy of the Knockout Round Shawl pattern (free!)
I put together some color pairings for you to choose from, although the possibilities are endless!