Welcome to our new online learning series – Space Missions! We will post a class project, materials list to purchase, followed by free video content on IGTV and YouTube. The classes are free to participate in. We just ask that if you need supplies, you choose to support our shop during this difficult time by purchasing those supplies from us. Our third mission – CABLES!
Learn to create left and right leaning cable stitches while working in a rib stitch in this free video series while making a soft scarf!
Cables add beautiful texture and design to your knit projects. While they look intimidating, they are actually quite easy to do. This wavy cabled scarf design from Mrs. Moon is also completely reversible.
This is a beginner project – students only need to know how to knit and purl.
- Work in knit 2, purl 2 ribbing
- Knit a left leaning cable
- Knit a right leaning cable
- How to count rows in cable knitting
- How to weave in ends
Materials (click on links to purchase each of the supplies that you need):
- 3 skeins of Mrs. Moon Plump Super Chunky (80% superfine sustainable Merino, 20% baby alpaca. 100g/
- Copy of Wavy Cable Scarf (free with yarn purchase, or available to purchase separately on Ravelry)
- Size US 17 needles (12mm) (straight or circular)
- Cable Needle: curved, notched, or straight
- Cocoknits Jumbo Stitch Markers
- Jumbo Tapestry Needle
- (optional) Row Counter