Welcome to our new online learning series – Space Missions! Throughout the summer and into the fall, we will post a class project, materials list to purchase, followed by free video content on IGTV and YouTube. The classes are free to participate in. We just ask that if you need supplies, you choose to support our shop during this difficult time by purchasing those supplies from us. Our first mission – HATS!
Learn to work in the round and create your first hat project in this free video series. Adorn your hat with a handmade pom pom or choose one of our faux fur pom poms.
This is a beginner class for those who can knit and purl but have no other experience. Only the ability to knit and purl is required!
- new cast on technique or a review of one you already know
- joining to work in the round on circular needles
- knitting and purling in the round
- working in the round on double pointed needles
- weaving in tails securely
Materials (click on links to purchase each of the supplies that you need):
- Blue Sky Fibers Eco-Cashmere (50% Recycled Cashmere, 50% Virgin Cashmere; 50g/164yds): TWO hanks color A (1 hank color B for optional Pom-Pom)
- US#6 (4.0 mm) 16″ circular needle in steel or wood (wood is recommended for newer knitters)
- US#6 (4.0 mm) double pointed needles to match your circular, steel or wood (longer dpns recommended for those who have not worked on double points yet)
- Stitch marker (We recommend the Cocoknits Colorful Ring Stitch Markers or one of several decorative stitch markers on our site)
- Darning needle: these Cocoknits needles or these Tulip needles
- Copy of the Milan Hat pattern, available digitally from Blue Sky Fibers OR in print from fibre space
- (optional) Pom pom maker
- (optional) faux fur pom pom
- (optional) Faux Suede Tag