The sound of rain, the nip of a chilly breeze, the smell of fireplace smoke mixed with damp earth — these things remind us that winter is coming.
This cooler season grants ample opportunity to dig deep into the cedar chest and pull out all of the warm woolies for yourself and those you love – or to knit new ones!
Brooklyn Tweed’s Holiday 19 collection celebrates this time of bundling up and sharing the warmth of wool with those you hold close.
Five cozy accessories are ready to outfit you and yours on your next trip over the river and through the woods – each willing to ward off the snow and rain, each eager to see you through many holiday seasons to come.
Featuring three different types of cables, each climbing their way up to the crown in columns, Jared Flood’s Ardenwald hat engages all of your knitterly senses.
Knit yours in woolen-spun worsted weight Shelter for a classic tweedy feel or in worsted-spun DK-weight Arbor to highlight the texture of every twist.
- 2 skeins Arbor and US 4 & US 6 needles (3.5mm & 4mm) or
- 2 skeins Shelter and US 5 & US 7 needles (3.75mm & 4.5mm)
Gudrun Johnston’s Bybee scarf is ready to be your slow fashion wardrobe staple!
The graphic motif in either two or three colors complements your holiday party and winter wonderland walking outfits alike while still leaving space for playful self expression – keep it subtle by selecting two or three similar colors, or go bold with plenty of contrast!
Whether you choose to knit Bybee in worsted-spun Peerie or woolen-spun Loft, you can easily customize the width of your scarf by adding or omitting pattern repeats.
- Peerie 3-color version: 4 skeins C1, 2 skeins C2, 2 skeins C3
- Loft 2-color version: 3 skeins C1, 2 skeins C2
- US 4 (3.5mm) needles
When outfitting yourself for cool weather adventures look no further than the Gammans hat and cowl set by designer Norah Gaughan.
Show off your style with Arbor’s extensive color palette; will your color story be retro, sophisticated, or laid-back?
Choose bold jewel tones or relaxed neutrals to suit the wearer – whether yourself or your lucky gift knitting recipient!
Both the modified moss stitch and slip stitch colorwork motifs are charted and written out to suit your pattern reading preference.
- Beanie hat: 1 skein Arbor each in C1, C2, C3
- Slouchy hat: 2 skeins Arbor in C1, 1 skein each in C2, C3
- Short cowl: 3 skeins Arbor in C1, 1 skein each in C2, C3
- Long cowl: 7 skeins Arbor in C1, 2 skeins each in C2, C3
- US 3 & US 5 needles (3.25mm & 3.5mm)
The fully faced cuff of this classic ski-style accessory wards off even the stiffest of breezes while adding stability to the ribbed outer fabric. Three sizes lets you outfit the whole crew with warm hands!
Choosing your colors for this project will be a joy – Arbor’s palette of jewel tones and soothing neutrals lends itself brilliantly to Marquam‘s spherical colorwork motif, which you can knit up in either two or four colors.
- 2-color version: 2 skeins Arbor in C1, 1 skein C2
- 4-color version: 2 skeins Arbor in C1, 1 skein each in C2, C3, C4
- US 1 & US 2 needles (2.25mm & 2.5mm)