Silky Singles are fresh in from one of our favorite dyers, The Periwinkle Sheep! Hand-dyed in small batches in Albany, New York, this yarn is sure to keep you cozy this winter season while adding a little shine to your wardrobe.
Karin, the dyer behind Periwinkle Sheep, was a yarn shop owner before she turned to the dyeing world. With her knowledge of yarns and colors, she produces a rainbow of colors that make it nearly impossible to pick just one.
The Silky Singles base is a lovely superwash blend of Merino and Silk spun together in a single strand of fingering weight yarn. Single ply yarns are perfect for accessories and show off a variety of stitch patterns beautifully. With the touch of added silk, the yarn has a beautiful sheen that further enhances your projects even more.
- 435 yards (398 meters)
- Single ply fingering weight
- 70% superwash merino, 30% silk
- Recommended on a US 1-5 (2.25-3.75 mm) needle, but gauge is flexible based on your project
- Ducenti MKAL by Laura Nelkin
- Getting Ziggy by Sandra Paul
- Golden Leaves by Gillian Harkness
- Snowflake Party by Martina Behm
- Snowmelt Shawl by Helen Stewart
- Stones on the Beach Hat by Jennifer Knight