We are so excited here in space for the arrival of Wollmeise yarn all the way from Germany! We have the Wollmeise Twin base in stock in a rainbow of vibrant colors. The Twin base has a tight twist and great stitch definition. It’s also superwash and comes in generous 150g put ups, making it perfect for just about any project you can dream up! Please join us in welcoming this new indie dyer to space and be sure to pick up a skein or two before they’re gone.
Claudia began dyeing yarn in 2002. She and her husband formed the Rohrspatz & Wollmeise company, with him constructing wrought-iron pavilions under the Rohrspatz (which translates to the pipe sparrow) name and her dyeing under the Wollmeise (wool tit) name. While he no longer constructs pavilions, the name has stuck. She began dyeing when she maxed out the palette of available colorways and she needed something more. Inspired by nature, Claudia aims for specific shades to add color and life to the knitting world.
Though Wollmeise is still a very small hand-dyed operation, the company has become a family affair. Claudia’s husband now works on the yarny side of things and her son Tobias has joined as a management specialist, helping to ensure that her incredible yarn makes it to stitchers everywhere.
- 80% superwash merino, 20% nylon
- 510 yards (466 meters) per 150 grams
- Fingering weight
- Recommended needle size: US 1.5-2.5 (2.5-3 mm)
- Match & Move by Martina Behm
- crazy stripes tee by atelier alfa
- Shetland Ruffles by Kieran Foley
- Hitchhiker or Hitchhands by Martina Behm
- Imagine When by Joji Locatelli
- Sunnyside by Tanis Lavallee
- Summerleaf by Nim Teasdale
- Wollmeise Twin would also be fabulous to weave with!