From the designer who brought us the beloved Rocky Coast Cardigan and Featherweight Cardigan, Texture: Exploring Stitch Patterns in Knitwear by Hannah Fettig is a brand-new publication of classic designs. Going a step beyond the tried-and-true essentials that Hannah Fettig is known for, all thirteen patterns focus on a spread of beautiful textural stitch patterns that add life and interest to the finished objects.
Texture also isn’t just a timeless pattern collection; it’s a well-crafted instructional manual packed with tips and tricks for utilizing textured patterns. Regardless of your skill level, you’ll learn about the characteristics of textured fabrics, how to compare stitch patterns at different gauges and working patterns in the shaping framework of an item.
Our Favorites and Recommended Yarns
- Boatyard Pullover – Brooklyn Tweed Shelter
- Eventide Cardi – BC Garn Semilla Fino
- Pierside Cardigan – Stonehedge Fiber Mill Shepherd’s Wool
- Morning Jacket – Brooklyn Tweed Quarry or mYak Chunky
- West End Cardigan – Blue Sky Fibers Woolstok
- Wharf Street pullover – Neighborhood Fiber Co. Studio Worsted or mYak Worsted
All images © Whitney Hayward