ICYMI, we are recruiting members for our Ravellenic Games team! The Ravellenic Games are a way to challenge yourself as a knitter or crocheter, to complete something that would be a feat for you. We cast on during the opening ceremonies of the Olympics (August 5) and then finish our projects by the closing ceremonies (August 21). Since our cast on will be this Friday at 7:15 EST, now is the time to plan what event you want to compete in and what project you will use as your challenge. The full details are over here.
Here’s my process, so that you can follow along with the right steps.
- I chose my project and event. I am going to challenge myself to make a complete shawl during the games, which for me would be a challenge not on technique / skills but on time. Right now, my biggest hurdle is having time to stitch and the commitment to get things done. I chose On the Spice Market. I jumped over to the events list and chose my event to compete in: Shawl Sailing.
- I made my yarn selection. I have in my stash a lovely mix of Jill Draper Esopus mini skeins and a full size skein that would make an amazing combination for this shawl. (photos shortly)
- I created my project page in advance of our cast on so that I was ready to go on Friday! Check it out:
- When I get home, I will photograph my yarn and get it all wound up and ready to go! I could even swatch for the project, although I almost never swatch for a shawl. I will also download my pattern, print it up and read through it, marking some deadlines for myself to keep me on track. (Basic training for the big event).
- The Friday night we cast on!!