Despite having not finished a mere handful of rows on last year’s knitalong, I am sucked into this year’s again because I just can’t resist. I just can’t not do it. I LOVE this yarn too much and Courtney and Kate create only beautiful designs…so what the heck. Count me in.
Which color??? (By the way, we have a full order arriving this week)
Want to join me? I am plotting my color now and plan to cast on Saturday with the first clue! I will be in the lounge if anyone needs help….
- Fibre Co Meadow – yum!! 549 yards of merino, llama, silk and linen.
- The pattern
- US#6 (4 mm) circular needles
The Instructions and Schedule:
Please purchase the pattern before May 10th to receive the initial swatch instructions. All pattern clues will be sent to your Ravelry inbox. Participant updates and spoiler alerts can also be posted on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook, or as comments on our blog, and tagged #KWMKAL (Kelbourne Woolens Mystery Knit-A-Long). To make it fun for everyone, please post spoiler alerts in our SPOILER ALERT thread if posting project pictures before the next clue is released!
The pattern will be updated every Saturday as follows:
• May 10th: Tutorial on measuring gauge in a lace pattern, tips and tricks on knitting lace from charts, and swatching instructions. Clue A directions.
• May 17th: Info about common shawl shapes and how they are created. Clue B directions.
• May 31st: Tips and tricks on how to properly “read” lace and how pairing decreases and increased creates different visual results. Clue C directions.
• June 7th: Information on the difference between “lace knitting” “knitted lace” and how to work lace on the WS rows. Clue D directions.
• June 14th: How to make smooth transitions between lace patterns and different methods for adding texture into lace. Clue E directions.
• June 21st: Edgings! A few different ways edgings are created. How to work this MKAL’s edging and finishing instructions. Clue F directions.