A brand new base from Freia has landed: single ply fingering weight! This great yarn is completely American from sheep to finished yarn and is guaranteed cruelty free. Freia has also increased the yardage to enough for a small shawl, giving this yarn the “shawl ball” name. The yarn is just slightly felted in the dye process, which means you get a lofty single ply that’s less likely to pill. We have both ombre and solid colorways, many of which pair well together. Whether you use these colorways together or separately, they are sure to stun!
- 430 yards single ply fingering weight
- 100% merino wool
- 20-28 stitches per 4 inches on a US 3-7 (3.25-4.5 mm) needles
- $28 (for solids) and $38 (for ombres)
- Guided Flow by Katie Degroff
- Sea Urchin Shawl by Ambah O’Brien
- Pebble Beach Shawl by Helen Stewart
- Close to You by Justyna Lorkowska
- Oasis Hideaway by Agnes Kutas-Keresztes
Also keep an eye out for a new pattern from Freia Fibers called Palmira that should be available soon!