While summer isn’t synonymous with cozying up under a knitting project, it is in fact a great time to stitch up great projects that are as enjoyable to make as they are to wear on lazy summer afternoons. The latest edition of Pom Pom Quarterly has done a fabulous job of creating a collection worthy of diving right into. The bulk of the projects are loose and flowy tops that will keep you stylish all while staying cool. Knit up in a variety of blends and weights, these items are sure to carry you all the way from those warm summer days by the pool or at the ball field, to those steamy days by the pool or beach and all the way to those cool late summer evenings as fall beckons.
Our Top Three:
Catchfly is a sweet short-sleeved top with a simple yet eye-catching lace panel down the front. Knit flat in pieces, the shoulders are shaped with short rows to provide just enough coverage. The smallest amount of positive ease makes this top shapely, yet loose enough to still be comfortable. Maintain a sophisticated style all summer long when paired with a lightweight flowy skirt or loose linen pants.
Red Bud Isle is begs to be worn on the hottest of hot July days. This flowy tank features a unique overlapping back and straps that are fully adjustable. Pair this tank with a cute pair of shorts for a 4th of July picnic or throw it over a bathing suit while spending the day at the beach.
Tannery Falls is a lovely open crocheted sleeveless tunic. Despite being worked out of laceweight yarn, the fabric is open and quick to stitch. Pair with your favorite pair of denim shorts and matching camisole or wear it poolside to stay cool and covered all summer long.
Our Suggested Yarns:
- Altair by Joanne Scrace – The Fibre Co. Meadow
- Catchfly by Wencke Lucas – Berroco Remix
- Hollis by Lynn Brennan – your favorite cotton clothesline
- Nouri by Carol Feller – Noro Tokonatsu
- Olivette by Thea Colman – BC Garn Semilla
- Red Bud Isle by Courtney Cedarholm – Berroco Modern Cotton
- Trailbreeze by Courtney Cedarholm – Karin Oberg Kalinka
- Tannery Falls by Sara Delaney – Habu Textiles A-1 2/17 Tsumugi Silk
- Thornett by Sara Thornett – BC Garn Alba
- Vaara by Sachiko Burgin – Elsebeth Lavold Hempathy
- Windlass by Kiyomi Burgin – Berroco Modern Cotton