Curious about methods to fix knit fabric? Intrigued by visible mending? Interested in adding embroidery and duplicate stitch to knit fabric? In this workshop, you’ll learn all these skills. We’ll start with an overview of mending techniques, including darning and patching. Then, we’ll cover a few simple ways to add both strength and beauty to fabric, including satin stitch and duplicate stitch.
You can apply what you learn many types of fabrics, not just handknits! Each participant will receive a kit of supplies for this workshop and a catered lunch from Toastique, including artisanal open faced sandwiches and cold pressed juices.
Kits will include:
- Tapestry needle
- Wooden darning egg
- Square of lovely wool sweater to practice on
- Bobbins of Plied North Ave. and NFC Loft for darning
Our schedule for the day: 10 am – 1 pm: workshop part one 1 pm – 2:30 pm: lunch and shop 2:30 pm – 4:30 pm: workshop part two Our lunch: Juices:
- Defender- apple, orange, carrot, turmeric, lemon
- Cure – pineapple, spinach, apple
- Avocado Smash- avocado mash, marinated tomatoes, watermelon radish
- Country Ham & Cheese- swiss cheese, sliced country ham, herb dressing, green apple, toasted walnuts
- Turkey Pesto- mozzarella, pesto, sliced turkey breast
- PB Crunch- peanut butter, strawberry jam, banana, strawberry, blueberry, granola