Create a pair of snuggly mittens while learning to work in the round on double points.
Three two-hour classes
Ability to knit and purl, plus some experience increasing/decreasing OR knitting in the round is required.
- Join to work in the round on double pointed needles
- Create gusset for thumb
- Refresh increases and decreases or learn some new ones
- Pick up and knit stitches
- 200 yards of worsted weight yarn or the 21 Color Mitts Kit (available at the shop). Kit contains: Woolstok (100% Fine Highland Wool; 50g/123yds): 1 full-size hank and 20 mini hanks (1 of each color other than 1 full size hank)
- US#4 (3.5mm) double point needles
- US#5 (3.75mm) double point needles, or size needed to obtain gauge
- Removable Stitch marker
- Tapestry needle
- Copy of 21 Color Mitt Pattern, available as part of the kit, in print at the shop or digitally here
Be sure to come to the shop early enough to have your supplies purchased and your yarn wound into balls before the start of class.