*Cost does not include supplies. Please refer to supply list below and be sure to purchase your materials along with the workshop registration.
1 three hour virtual zoom session
This class combines demonstration about 3D knitwear in hand knitting with practical instruction to create an accessory — and all of the inspiration! Olga will present her 3D design philosophy to reveal a slightly different angle of knitwear and put your existing knitting skills into a novel path, all while creating one of her 3D textured designs – the Moko-Moko Cowl. You will learn not just how to make this cowl but also how to adapt it, customize it, and shape it to your liking. For the duration of this project you will hone your skills of modular style knitting, and will also learn and practice knitting backwards using either Continental or English (throwing) style.
Skills required: ability to cast on, knit and purl
- Basic 3D theory concept
- Provisional Crochet Chain cast on
- Differentiate between short rows and partial knitting
- Modular style knitting
- Knitting backwards (Continental and Throwing styles)
- “Reading” your knitting in modules
- Customizing width and length in modular knitting
- Calculate yarn requirements (if altering the pattern and/or substituting yarn)
- NORO ITO (100% wool; 200g/400m) – 1 ball OR 438 yards/400m of any other worsted or aran weight yarn
- US#8 circular needle, 24″ or straight needle – shop our needles here
- Crochet hook size E or F
- Several yards of smooth yarn in similar weight or slightly thinner for provisional CO
- Please purchase Moko-Moko Cowl pattern here
- Notebook and pen for taking notes
Please note the sample shown is a modified version of the original Moko-Moko cowl which is knit on a larger needle (US 8) and with less repeats.