Master color work knitting with these sweet slippers. You will learn to read stranded colorwork charts and how to hold two colors for Fair Isle knitting. Be sure to have your homework prepared before arriving to class!
Two 2 hour sessions
Skills needed: ability to knit, purl and knit in the round
- Reading colorwork charts
- Multiple stranded colorwork techniques
- Tips for maintaining tension in colorwork
- Finishing in colorwork
- Yarn in two colors, 250 yards each, worsted weight, with high contrast. We recommend Shepherd’s Wool Worsted.
- Small bit of worsted weight scrap yarn
- US#8 (5 mm) long circular for magic loop or double pointed needles
- Stitch markers
- Tapestry needle
- A Copy of Wanderers Slippers by Andrea Mowry, available on Ravelry
Please have your pattern printed (or electronic) and yarn wound into balls before the start of class. Start pattern, knit until start of color work.