Expand your hat skills with this gorgeous cabled hat. Learn to read cable charts and create beautiful designs in your knitting
Two 2 hour sessions
ability to knit, purl and work in the round.
- reading cable charts
- decreasing in cabled pattern
- 150-170 yards of worsted weight yarn. We recommend a solid or semi-solid color. (The Fiberists Audubon Worsted, Hazel Knits Cadence)
- US#6 (4.0mm) 16” circular needle
- US#7 (4.5 mm) 16” circular
- Cable needle
- Stitch markers
- Tapestry needle
- Water Hat Pattern by Thea Colman, available on Ravelry.
Before coming to class, cast on the number of stitches for the size of hat you would like to make: 18.5” circumference ( 110 sts); 22” circumference (132 sts). Join to work in the round. Work p1k1* rib for 1.5”.