This class is part demonstration with AV presentation and short lecture about 3D knitwear in hand knitting approach, and all inspiration process. It will be part swatch-fest and all inspiration where I present my 3D design philosophy, and gearing to your own discovery of knitwear in a new light! And test this new knowledge by making either Moko-Moko Cowl or Ginga Cowl.
One 4-hour class
Skills required: Knit, purl, cast on, bind off
- Learning cast on and bind off varieties for stretchy edging and its purpose for dimensional knitwear.
- Learning to work partial knitting and short rows and their differences.
- Swatching a series of techniques and reviewing all the possibilities.
For Moko-Moko Cowl:
Finished measurements 11” height (flat), 30” circumference
- 340 yds of any worsted weight wool
- Waste yarn in smooth texture and similar weight
- US 7 (4.5 mm) needle and a spare needle
- Crochet hook F (3.75mm)
- Waste yarn
- Copy of Moko-Moko Cowl
For Ginga Cowl:
- 270 yds of smooth texture of worsted weight in light or bright color in MC;
- 270 yds of smooth texture of worsted weight in light or bright color in CC;
- US 7 (4.5 mm) circular, 24” long
- Crochet hook (size H or larger)
- Stitch marker
- Tapestry needle
- Scrap yarn
- Copy of Ginga Cowl