- This event has passed.
Non-Intarsia Wave Cowl workshop with Olga Buraya-Kefelian
An event every week that begins at 3:30pm on Saturday, repeating until February 16, 2019
Have you ever wondered if it’s possible to create intarsia without bobbins? Discover the answer when you create the Wave Cowl with designer Olga Buraya-Kefelian! This two-week workshop uses modular style colorwork, partial knitting and short-rows.
Ability to knit, purl, cast on and bind off.
- crochet chain cast on
- German short rows and partial knitting
- weaving ends directly into your knitting
- mattress stitch
- 490 yards in MC and 200 yards in CC of fingering weight yarn, preferably light or bright semi-solid colors
- US#4 (3.5 mm) circular needle, 24-36″
- crochet hook size E (3.5 mm) or F (3.75 mm)
- stitch markers
- tapestry needle
- Copy of Wave Cowl pattern, available on Ravelry from the designer.
Make a gauge swatch on suggested needle size or use size to obtain gauge. Gauge is 24 sts and 38 rows = 4” in Stockinette stitch worked flat, measured once washed and blocked.