- This event has passed.
Modern Beanie – Neji Hat
One event on February 23, 2020 at 2:00 pm
Learn to create this modern style ribbed beanie in this workshop with the designer and master her innovative technique for fully fashioned cabled decreases. This technique creates a fully reversible hat!
Skills required: knit, purl, cast on, bind off
- Tubular Cast on and types of customization for it
- Working on customizing preferred fit, brim and style for the beanie
- Specialty fully fashioned decreases implementing cables
- Working Kitchener stitch over 2×2 ribbing
- 180 (220) yds/164 (201) m of any other DK or sport weight yarn
- US#6 (4 mm) set of dpns or 2 circulars
- US#5 (3.75 mm) 16″ circular and a set of dpns or 2 circulars
- Scrap yarn in similar weight, Crochet hook size F (3.75 mm), spare circular needle in size smaller than largest size, any length, stitch marker, 3 cable needles or wooden dpns to be used as cable needles, tapestry needle
- Purchase and bring to class copy of NEJI hat pattern