- This event has passed.
Miss Babs Knitalong: Boxes and Towers Shawl
September 14, 2019 - October 15, 2019
Event Category: Community Events
Kick off fall with with a Miss Babs knit along! Grab a Yowza Mini kit at the Mega Miss Babs Pop Up Shop on Sept 14-15 and cast on the Boxes and Towers Shawl with us! This pattern is designed by Kirsten Kapur as part of the fall design collection from Miss Babs. It was inspired by the view from her lower Manhattan window of towering skyscrapers, each peppered with windows of different sizes and shapes. Boxes and Towers uses construction similar to log cabin knitting where bold strips of colors combine to create a playful, graphic wrap.
Complete your wrap by October 15 to be entered to win our prize drawing of a $50 gift card for fibre space and a set of 6Yowza mini skeins or a Perfect Blend set from Miss Babs. Post your FOs on Instagram using #boxesandtowersknitalong, #fibrespaceFO and tagging @fibrespace.
- Knit and purl
- Pick up stitches
- Follow pattern and count garter rows
Length: 721/2”/181.5 cm
- Copy of the Boxes and Towers pattern
- Yarn: Miss Babs Yowza Minis (100% Superwash Merino wool; 200 yd/2.8 oz skeins) – 1 skein in each of 6 colors, A-F, shown in A: Polished Stone B: Oakmoss C: Hayrick D: Earthenware E: Slot Canyon F: Seal Point (Or approximately 200 yards/182 meters of DK weight yarn in each of 6 different colors.)
- US#7 [4.5 mm] circular needle, 24”/60 cm or size to obtain gauge
- US#7 [4.5 mm] circular needle, 60”/150 cm (for edging)
- Stitch marker
- Tapestry needle
Gauge Blocked: 16 stitches and 32 rows = 4”/10 cm square in garter stitch.
Gauge is not crucial for this project, but will affect yardage and finished size if different from above.