- This event has passed.
Geometric Colorwork Hat with Olga Buraya-Kefelian
An event every week that begins at 10:00am on Saturday, repeating until February 24, 2018
Two 2 hour classes
students should know how to knit, purl, increase, decrease, work in the round and be familiar with colorwork.
- 3 different ways of stretchy cast on for 1×1 rib
- 2 different methods of knitting colorwork in the round
- how to regulate tension and fabric distribution throughout your colorwork
- two methods of trapping floats in your colorwork
- light DK weight yarn: 202 yards of main color and 202 yards of contrast color
- US#2 (2.75 mm) 16” circular
- US#3 (3.25 mm) 16” circular
- US#5 (3.75 mm) 16” circular and double pointed needles
- stitch marker
- tapestry needle
- copy of Fractals Hat pattern, available on Ravelry
Work gauge swatch in CC yarn using 1×1 Rib on middle size needle to achieve 32 sts and 44 rnds = 4″, measure it once dry after washing and blocking.