- This event has passed.
Darn Those Knits
Have knitted items that are showing their wear? Learn how to repair your well-loved knits using a variety of approaches and techniques.
One three-hour session
- Reinforcing using the duplicate stitch
- Taking care of your knits to prevent problems
- Repairing holes using the duplicate stitch, kitchener stitch, and knitted patches
- How to find materials to make repairs
- approx 30 yrds of different weight yarns – sockweight, dk and worsted
- needles that correspond to the yarn you have brought
- darning needle (blunt tip)
- sharp tip needle (optional)
- darning egg (optional)
- pencil or pen
- swatches (at least 3)
Make and bring 3 swatches in stockinette (at least 5” x 5”, but larger is easier to practice with) that will be cut into or sewn into. If you have knitting with rips, tears, holes or worn out places, bring it in, and we will use the last part of class to brainstorm solutions.