- This event has passed.
Crochet Doll Making Workshop with Vonda Howard
An event every day that begins at 12:00 pm, repeating until June 23, 2019
This workshop will teach you to create crochet dolls! During this two day event, we will create a 12-14 inch doll of your very own! (Results may vary)
Confident beginners welcome! Students should have the ability to single and double crochet.
Students will learn:
- Basics of Amigurumi
- Using inspiration to create a theme
- Doll anatomy and construction
- Designing and creating clothes and accessories (Both part of the doll and removable)
- Hairstyles and faces
- 3.75 hook (F)
- 4.00 hook (G)
- 1 skein of desired skin tone yarn color in worsted weight
- 1 skein of desired clothing colors in worsted weight
- 1 skein of desired hair color yarn in worsted weight
- Yarn needles
To be provided by our instructor:
- Safety eyes
- Stitch markers
About Vonda Howard:
Vonda Howard, born and raised in Washington, DC, has been crocheting since she was 10 years old. It was her very first teacher, her mom, that sparked her love for fiber arts. This love is what led her to create Cute Little Crumbsnatchers Handmades in 2014 where she creates handmade, one-of-a-kind crochet and fabric dolls. She has participated in many large and well-known shows such as, Sugarloaf Crafts, The African American Heritage Festival (Raleigh, NC) and Awesome-Con. She was also recently featured in The Washington Post.