- This event has passed.
Introduction to Knitting (SOLD OUT)
An event every week that begins at 7:00pm on Wednesday, repeating until August 23, 2017
Jump-start your knitting hobby and learn all of the basics in our three week class. You will start your very own scarf.
Three 1.5 hour classes
*Please note that our classes are for adults, unless otherwise indicated. Check out the children’s lessons over here.
Absolutely none! Our beginner class is ideal for those completely new to the craft or those who haven’t knitted in many years and need a full refresher.
- knit stitch
- purl stitch
- cast on
- bind off
- “tinking” or working back
- common knitting terms
- full fibre education
- 250-300 yards worsted weight wool, wool blend or other natural fiber in a light color. We suggest Stonehedge Fiber Mill Shepherd’s Wool, Blue Sky Fibers Woolstok or Neighborhood Fiber Company Studio Worsted and US#8 (5mm) bamboo needles in straight or circular.
- Darning needle or notion kit/set
- G or H crochet hook or stitch fixer
*We recommend that you do not use metal needles, cotton or acrylic fibers or very dark colors as they make the learning process more difficult.
Optional Reading Materials (one of the following):
- Churchmouse Yarns The Learn-To-Knit Companion
- Interweave Knits Knitter’s Companion
- Stitch n Bitch: the Knitters Handbook
Be sure to come to the shop early enough to have your supplies purchased and your yarn wound into balls before the start of class (suggested 15-30 minutes).