- This event has passed.
Introduction to Crochet
An event every week that begins at 2:00pm on Sunday, repeating until August 27, 2017
Learn the basics of crochet while making these cute fingerless mitts.
Three 1.5 hour classes
Skills needed: this class is rated “hip” – no previous experience required.
- work a crochet chain
- chain stitch
- reading a crochet pattern
- basic fibre education
- how to keep rows edges straight
- how to create three stitch patterns using only single crochet
- 150 yards of worsted weight yarn for each pair of mitts that you wish to make. We recommend Manos del Uruguay Maxima or Blue Sky Fibers Woolstok.
- US H/8 (5 mm) crochet hook
- darning needle
- Optional: 2 locking markers to mark turning chains
- Copy of Crocheted Handwarmers: 1 stitch 3 Ways by Churchmouse Yarns (available for purchase at the shop)
Churchmouse Learn to Crochet Companion, Crochet: the Complete Guide, Stitch n Bitch Crochet: the Happy Hooker or Crocheting in Plain English
Be sure to come to the shop early enough to have your supplies purchased and your yarn wound into balls before the start of class.