Join our fall knitalong and get a jump start on your fall wardrobe! We have selected the Leaflet project by Cecily Glowik MacDonald, which is from the first fall issue of Knitty in 2011. This sweater is a great first sweater project, as it is worked from the top down in one piece, with minimal finishing. Here are the details:
- ability to knit and purl
- ability to work on circular needles
- ability to work in the round on double pointed needles
- experience increasing and decreasing
- ability to pick up stitches
Need these skills?
Then take our class! You can join the knitalong even as a newer knitter. We are offering this class starting Monday, September 17 at 7 pm. (Other sessions available).
How to participate:
Jump into the knitalong by stopping by the shop for yarn or using fibre space™ yarn from your stash. Cast on anytime but complete your project by October 15th to be entered into our drawing for a $50 gift certificate and a price from Imperial Stock Ranch! To submit your finished project, post in our Ravelry forum or email us a photo or stop by the store…whatever is most convenient for you! As always, most of the “alonging” will happen in our Ravelry group, so jump over there to check in on people’s progress, ask questions, etc.
For finished chest size: 31.5 (34.75, 37.75, 41, 44.25, 47.5, 50.75) inches
- 680–850 yards of aran weight yarn. We used Imperial Stock Ranch Columbia 2 ply for our version.
- US 10 double pointed needles
- US 10, 32″ circular needle
- Darning needle
- stitch markers
- stitch holders or waste yarn
- Copy of Leaflet pattern