So I have been purchasing decaf iced mocha’s from Mishas Coffee on a pretty regular basis. At around $3.50 a piece, this is really starting to add up (and its not like my new job is paying me all that well…wish my boss would give me a raise.)
Anyway, what does one need to make an iced mocha in their yarn shop?
1. espresso maker. Check. Got one of those. And a pretty expensive one at that, thanks to my Illy membership.
2. espresso. check. got that too
3. Milk. yup. fortunately La Fromagerie is around the corner and sells fresh bottled milk.
4. Chocolate. check. that one is covered by local chocolate maker ACKC. Not even hershey’s for this gal! Nope. got the high quality stuff.
5. Ice. well, herein lies the problem. I have a very large refrigerator (large for a yarn shop). It has a full sized freezer. But obviously I can’t just put water into the freezer. nope. need ice trays. Just a couple of ice trays. So for about three weeks now I have been looking for ice trays. I went to Target on Route one south, Target on Route one North, Harris Teeter, Whole Foods, Crate and Barrel, TJ Maxx…where else. Oh! today I even tried Best Buy. They sell freezers. They have oven cleaner and dishsoap and all other sorts of stupid accessory items that no one would ever buy at Best Buy, but NO ICE TRAYS.
So I’ve had it. I am fed up. I need ice trays. Obviously none of my neighbors do or our local Target would sell them. Clearly they all have automated ice makers. Not me. I am not that fancy. No ice maker here. So if you have an ice tray that you aren’t using because you have those automated ice makery thingies, please bring me your ice tray. I am desperate here. I shouldn’t have to drive to Waldorf to hit Wal Mart just for an ice tray. And there is something just plain wrong about ordering ice trays on the internet. But I will do it if I have to!